NEW! The Best of Faroe Islands
Tour ID: FINS01
Tour Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
This is a 4-day tour to the Faroe Islands with accommodation in the heart of the charming Tórshavn – the capital city of the Faroe Islands. We explore some of the most beautiful sights of the Faroes.
- Tórshavn, capital of the Faroe Islands
- The old Tinganes of Tórshavn
- Saksun village and church
- Gjógv gorge and village
- Tjørnuvik bay with views of Risin and Kellingin
- Vestmanna bird cliffs
- Panoramic views of mountains fjords waterfalls and villages
Departures: May - September 2018 (Friday to Monday)
Availability for groups upon request
Group size: min.8 /max. 16
Price per person: with accommodation at:
Hotel Hafnia: ISK 167.800 /single room supplement: ISK 32.500 - upon request only
Hotel Tórshavn: ISK 157.900 /single room supplement: ISK 25.500 - guaranteed accommodation in September
Hótel Streym: ISK 154.900 /single room supplement: ISK 25.500 - upon request only
- Flight Copenhagen (or Reykjavik) - Faroe Islands - Copenhagen (or Reykjavík)*
- Airport taxes
- 3 nights hotel accommodation in Tórshavn in double/twin room, breakfast included
- Transfer Vágar airport - hotel - Vágar airport
- Short guided sightseeing of Tórshavn
- Guided day tours by coach on day 2 and 3
- Lunch in Gjógv on day 2
- Vestmanna bird cliffs boat tour
*It is possible to use any combination of the flight to/from Faroe Islands with Atlantic Airways. Flights from other Atlantic Airways destinations to the Faroe Islands (e.g. Bergen, Edinburgh) are also possible - upon request.
Click here for availability and booking package with accommodation at Hotel Hafnia
Click here for availability and booking package with accommodation at Hotel Tórshavn
Click here for availability and booking package with accommodation at Hotel Streym
Day 1 – Friday
Flight to the Faroe Islands, either from Copenhagen or Reykjavik . Group transfer from Vágar airport to Tórshavn and a short orientation city sightseeing by coach on the way to the hotel in Tórshavn. Rest of the day free to explore the city of Tórshavn on your own.
Accommodation all 3 nights is in hotel in the heart of the city with restaurants, cafés and shops. Within short walking distance there is the old Tinganes, crammed with red coloured wooden turf-roofed houses and the Tórshavn cathedral; on a hill beside the port there is the historic fortress Skansinn. The town is adorned with numerous outdoor sculptures.
Day 2 – Saturday
Guided day tour: Today we visit some of the most beautiful sights of the Faroes:
• The village of Saksun near the northwestern coast of the island Streymøy. Turf-roofed church of Saksun and the Dúvugarður farm museum are located at the bottom of a former inlet of the sea and surrounded by high mountains, formerly a good natural harbour until a storm blocked it with sand creating a seawater lagoon.
• Gjógv is a picturesque and northernmost village on the island of Eysturøy. At the edge of this beautiful village with old wooden turf-roofed cottages there is the „gjógv“ – a 200-metre long sea filled gorge after which the village is named. Here we stop for lunch and taste some of the Faroese delicacies.
• Driving to Eiði we can observe „Risin og Kellingin“ - the legendary rocks rising 75 metres up from the sea just bellow th 343-metre high promontory of Eiðiskollur. Along this route we also get a good view of Slættaratindur – with 880 metres elevation it is the highest Faroese mountain.
• Last but not least: Tjørnuvik – the northernmost village on the island of Streymøy – one of the oldest Faroese villages that can be traced back to the era of the Vikings. Ssurrounded by high mountains with a beautiful sand beach the place offers fantastic scenery. From the beach you can observe the Giant and the Witch (Risin og Kellingin) on the horizon and enjoy the serene tranquility of the nature.
We return to Tórshavn where we stay overnight.
Day 3 – Sunday
Guided day tour: Vestmanna bird cliffs
Driving along the panoramic mountain road we reach the Vestmanna cliffs where we join the 2-hour boat tour to the the renowned Bird cliffs. Sailing through the narrow sounds, deep grottoes and along the high cliffs while observing thousands of the nesting sea birds is a breath taking experience not to be missed.
We return to Tórshavn. Rest of the day free in the city.
Day 4 – Monday
Group transfer from the hotel in Tórshavn to Vágar airport in time for departure by flight to Copenhagen or Reykjavik. Check in for your flight an departure.