4 days In the Land of Erik the Red
Tour ID: GSN32
Experience amazing South Greenland on a 4-day getaway from Iceland. South Greenland is famous for its Norse history and blue icebergs, and you can easily reach both from the airport in Narsarsuaq. Explore the historic site of Brattahlid, the place where the Viking Eric the Red settled, and discover why he named it Greenland! On the last day, we take you on an unforgettable boat ride into the Qooroq Ice Fjord, where 200,000 tons of ice calves from the glacier front every day.
- Narsarsuaq - the gateway to South Greenland
- Sailing through Erik's fjord
- Igaliku village (Gardar)
- Qassiarsuk (Brattahlid)
- Boat tour in Qooroq ice fjord
- Icebergs and glaciers
- Guaranteed accommodation and flights – instant confirmation on published departure dates
Saturdays, 22 June - 21 September 2019
Tour duration: 4 days/3 nights
Price per person: EUR 1.700
Single supplement EUR 335
Included in the price:
* Flights Reykjavík-Narsarsuaq-Reykjavík, incl. airport taxes
* 3 nights Hotel accommodation in double/twin room with private facilities, including breakfast and airport/hotel transfers upon arrival/departure
* Return boat transfers Narsarsuaq-Qassiarsuk & Narsarsuaq-Itilleq
* Guided boat tour to Qooroq icefiord
Check in at Reykjavik domestic airport (Reykjavik city) for the international flight to South Greenland, departing at 11:15 and arriving in Narsarsuaq airport at 11:35 (local time, flight duration 3 hrs 15 min). Transfer to your accommodation at Hotel Narsarsuaq where you stay all 3 nights.
In the afternoon guided boat trip from to the Qooroq Ice Fjord, sailing towards the glacier amongst the icebergs. As the boat nears the glacier, the boat engine is stopped, so you can enjoy the view in silence before it is time to return to Narsarsuaq.
Return to Narsarsuaq in the afternoon.
Day 4 - Tuesday: NARSARSUAQ – REYKJAVIK
Morning free for a short hike in the area or relax before it is time to check out of the hotel and get ready for transfer to the airport and check in for your flight to Iceland.
12:20 - the flight for Iceland departs from Narsarsuaq, arriving at RKV airport 16:45.
Please note: Schedules may change in case of unfavourable weather conditions