South Shore Tour for Cruise ships
Tour ID: IS07A /IGT104
Tour Duration: 9 hrs.
Magnificent and diverse landscapes: vast farmlands, active volcanoes, numerous ice caps, glacier outlets and Glacier Rivers, amazing waterfalls, wide black sandy plains and beaches of black and fascinating basalt rock formations.
- Skógar museum
- Village Vík í Mýrdal
- Reynisfjara black sand beach
- View to glaciers
Departures: in connection with cruise ships arrival
Duration: 9 hours
Price per person: ISK.14.800,-
Includes: Transportation and guidance, pick up/drop off at ship
The South Coast of Iceland has so much to offer and lots to be seen. This part of the country is very rich in magnificent and diverse landscapes, ranging from vast farmlands, active volcanoes, numerous ice caps, glacier outlets and Glacier Rivers, amazing waterfalls, wide black sandy plains and beaches of black and fascinating basalt rock formations. The area is also renowned for its abundant bird life.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss, both of them are amazingly beautiful waterfalls that receive their water directly from Eyjafjallajokull glacier that sits on top of the volcano of the same name that erupted in 2010 and caused trouble to the air traffic in Europe at that time.
- Reynisfjara black sandy beach. There, you discover some amazing basalt rock formations(columnar basalt) and the black volcanic sand. During the summer season(from May to end of August) puffins can be seen on top of the cliffs in the area. That is one of their main breeding areas in Iceland
- Vik village where you have enough time to enjoy a lunch break. There, you can also visit the local wool factory before starting our drive back to Reykjavik.
- Sólheimajökull and outlet (snout) originating from Mýrdalsjokull, Iceland´s fourth largest glacier. There, we go for a short walk to get closer to the glacier. This is one of the best examples about how fast glaciers melt due to the global warming(climate change)
This tour is operated for cruise ship passengers
This tour is combined with South Coast and Glacier Hike tour.
We will have stops for lunch and refreshments (not included in the price)