Into the Glacier Classic
Trip ID: IS69
Tour duration: 4 hours
This tour gives you a chance of a life time to walk inside the glacier and explore the ice world of Iceland's second largest glacier. A 2-3 hour tour from Klaki base camp during summer and 3-5 hours from Húsafell during winter. Your Into The Glacier Adventure is truly a unique experience.
- Langjökull Glacier
- Drive in a specially modified glacier truck
- Walk inside the ice world
Departures: All year, daily
Price per person: ISK. 19.500
- Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from either Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge.
- Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels.
- English speaking driver / guide / audio guidance.
- Free WiFi in glacier vehicles.
What do I need to bring?
- Drive yourself from Reykjavik (or another starting point) to Husafell or Klaki base camp.
- During winter, always use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Shuttle departures are available from Husafell to Klaki base camp at 10:00, 12:30 and 15:00 (1st of June- 15th of October)
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 75 min each way during winter.
- Ice tunnel tour with guide for about an hour.
- The tour is around 4 hours from Húsafell
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, depending on conditions on the glacier.