Evening Hunt for Northern Lights from Reykjavik
Tour ID: ISW04
Tour Duration: 2˝-3 hours (evening tour)
No words can describe the feeling of observing the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) - this is something that you have to experience yourself!
- Experience the Arctic night
- Hunt for Northern Lights
- On moonlit evenings fantastic view of winter landscapes
Please note: As Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomenon the sightings are not guaranteed every evening. In case of no northern lights customers are offerred a complimentary second departure the following evening.
Departures 2018- 2019
From 25 August to 15 October 2017 & 15 March to 15 April 2019 daily at 22:00.
From 16 October 2018 to 14 March 2019, daily at 21:00.
Price per person from: ISK 4.890,-
Teenagers 12-15 years: 2.445,-
Children 0-11 years: free
- Free tour pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavík
- Knowledgeable Northern Lights & Stars guide
- Free use of astronomy binoculars on every tour
- Free star map to learn about the sky above you, at that specific time in the year.
- Learn the basics of Northern Lights photography on our smart tablets.
- Free use of camera tripods, every tour has tripods that fit almost any camera or phone
- Northern Lights Guarantee – see the lights or come again for free!
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charger for each seat
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis can be visible on a clear winter night and will light up the sky with green colour, often with touches of pink around the edges and occasionally a deep violet centre. This often dramatic display is caused by the collision of charged particles from the sun with the Earth's magnetic field.
We will drive into the countryside well away from the city lights in search of the Aurora Borealis. The route we take may depend on the weather and road conditions each time.
Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
For the Northern lights forecast, please check this site for daily reports: http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/aurora/