Lofthellir Lava Cave from Akureyri
Tour ID: IN09
Tour Duration: 4-5 hours (from Myvatn)
An adventure of travelling through the rugged landscape of a lava field, first in a 4x4 vehicle and then on foot. We explore the wondrous world of unique ice sculptures inside the Lofthellir lava cave.
- Volcanic landscape of Lake Myvatn
- Ludentsborgir row crater
- Lofthellir lava cave
- Underground ice world
- Volcanic Outback by Lake Myvatn
- Snowshoe hike (if needed)
Departures: from Lake Myvatn, all year:
Price per person for summer tour: (until 31 Oct.): ISK 24.900
Price per person for winter tour: (1 Nov.-30 Apr.): ISK 30.900
Child discount: 50% (age 8-12).
Minimum: 2 adults or minimum rate
Maximum: 14 participants
Tour duration: 7 hrs
● Transportation and guidance in English
● Cave exploration equipment (helmet, headlights, rubber boots)
Refreshments not included.
* There is ice and water on the ground in the cave and the temperature inside the cave is around 0°C.
* This tour is not suitable for young children, people with claustrophobia or people that are not in reasonable physical condition.
* Tour may be dependent on weather or road conditions and the travel time may vary depending on snow conditions.
* Longest walk is about 20-30 minutes (= 2x crossing the lava fields, rough ground but flat terrain).
We recommend you bring along:
- Warm and waterproof clothes
- Thick socks
- Water bottle